WORK FOR SHOOTING SPORTS UK
In just 4 years Shooting Sports UK has established itself as Staffordshire’s fastest growing Gun Shop and our stock profile represents some of the best brands in the shooting industry.
Our passion and focus on ensuring we lead the field in first-class shooting products and customer service has resulted in several exciting new employment opportunities in the business.
Our Sales Assistants are our foundations, a wonderful team of people at the core of our business. With customer focus their number one priority, whether serving customers on tills, or just striking up a conversation in our popular Staffordshire store, Sales Assistants at Shooting Sports UK are always interacting with customers, ensuring they leave with exactly what they want with a positive lasting impression.
We are therefore currently recruiting for two vacancies for confident and capable sales assistants to join our driven and hard-working team.
Working closely with colleagues and management, Sales Assistants contribute to a fantastic shopping experience for everyone, creating and maintaining customer loyalty and a genuine love for our products and people.
- A general understanding of shooting sports is needed for this role, although you may specialise in one certain discipline a broad understanding is preferable.
- Some retail experience is ideal, although full training will be given
- Desire for providing excellent customer service
- Ability to work to a flexible Rota
- Computer-literate with a solid working knowledge of MS Outlook, Excel and Word.
- A positive attitude to new situations and challenges
- Self-motivated and be able and willing to contribute to team targets and goals
- Have a confident personality with the humility to reach out for guidance and assistance when needed.
Being successful in this role will mean carrying out important day-to-day tasks such as:
- Your main role is customer facing, in-store shop sales.
- Taking incoming sales calls and processing them in the most appropriate manner (sales orders, product enquiries, etc)
- Make outgoing sales calls promoting new products, offers and general customer service functions.
- Accurately entering customer orders onto our dedicated computer system.
- Basic administration tasks and data entry.
- Develop a detailed understanding of the products
- Give customers advice and feed back about products, so the customer can confidently make a purchasing decision.
- Fitting shotguns to specific customers needs (training will be provided)
- Setting up customers purchases i.e. rifle packages (training will be provided)
- Accessing a gun's saleable condition prior to part ex or sales. (training will be provided)
- Entering information into the company’s CRM and firearms register system (training will be provided)
- Answering sales email enquiries in the most efficient and appropriate manner.
- Physical element to the job (carrying).
- Stock replenishment
- Any other duties requested by management
You must have excellent communication skills coupled with an organised and proactive approach.
- No Criminal record
- DBS Check
- Your own transport
- Either shotgun or firearms licence, even both (not totally essential but preferred)
From time to time, we will require you to be involved in activities that may be outside your normal day-to-day job and outside of normal work hours.
In general, this will include.
- Flexible working hours during key seasons
- Willingness to work away at game fairs and shows
- Out of hours events
- Demo evenings
In return, you will be offered a chance to join a successful business and supportive team with a competitive package.
- Bonus scheme
- Occasional overtime
- Company events
- Statutory pension scheme
- Employee discount scheme
- On-site parking
- 37.5 hours per week
- 5 Days per week
- Saturdays are on a rota
- 30 days
- In Person
- Dependent on experience
HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB ROLE
Apply by email with a copy of your up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or send a letter by post to; Shooting Sports UK LTD, The Crown Buildings, The Avenue, Watling Street, Stretton, Staffordshire, ST19 9LL.
We have a company Covid policy in place